Every year ICAR conducts ICAR UG Exam, In this post, we are going to give information about the ICAR UG 2022 Exam syllabus. Agriculture, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics, and Physics are included in this exam. But you have to select a stream in which ABC, PCM, and PCB. The syllabus is given below and you can download the pdf.
ICAR UG Agriculture Exam Syllabus 2022
Unit-1: Agrometeorology, Genetics, and Plant Breeding, Biochemistry and Microbiology:-
Elements of Weather-rainfall, temperature, humidity, wind velocity, Sunshine weather
forecasting, climate change in relation to crop production.
Genetics & Plant Breeding:-
- Cell and its structure, cell division-mitosis and meiosis and their significance
- Organisation of the genetic materials in chromosomes, DNA and RNA
- Mendel’s laws of inheritance. Reasons for the success of Mendel in his experiments, Absence of linkage in Mendel’s experiments.
- Quantitative inheritance, continuous and discontinuous variation in plants.
- Monogenic and polygenic inheritance.
- Role of Genetics in Plant breeding, self and cross-pollinated crops, methods of breeding in field crops-introduction, selection, hybridization, mutation and polyploidy, tissue and cell culture.
- Plant Biotechnology-definition and scope in crop production.
- pH and buffers, Classification and nomenclature of carbohydrates; proteins; lipids; vitamins and enzymes.
- Microbial cell structure, Micro-organisms- Algae, Bacteria, Fungi, Actinomycetes, Protozoa, and Viruses.
- Role of micro-organisms in respiration, fermentation, and organic matter decomposition
Unit-2: Livestock Production
Scope and importance:-
- Importance of livestock in agriculture and industry, White revolution in India.
- Important breeds Indian and exotic, distribution of cows, buffaloes and poultry in India.
Care and management:-
- Systems of cattle and poultry housing.
- Principles of feeding, feeding practices.
Balanced ration definition and ingredients.
- Management of calves, bullocks, pregnant and milch animals as well as chicks cockerels and layers, and poultry.
- Signs of sick animals, symptoms of common diseases in cattle and poultry, Rinderpest, black quarter, foot and mouth, mastitis and haemorrhagicsepticaemiacoccidiosis, Fowl pox and Ranikhet disease, their prevention and control.
Artificial Insemination :-
- Reproductive organs, collection, dilution and preservation of semen and artificial
insemination, role of artificial insemination in cattle improvement.
- Livestock Products: Processing and marketing of milk and Milk products.
Unit-3: Crop Production
- Targets and achievements in foodgrain production in India since independence and its future projections, sustainable crop production, commercialization of agriculture, and its scope in India.
- Classification of field crops based on their utility-cereals, pulses, oils seeds, fiber, sugar, and forage crops.
Soil, Soil fertility, Fertilizers, and Manures:-
- Soil, soil pH, Soil texture, soil structure, soil organisms, soil
tilth, soil fertility, and soil health.
- Essential plant nutrients, their functions, and deficiency symptoms.
- Soil types of India and their characteristics.
- Organic manure, common fertilizers including straight, complex, fertilizer mixtures and biofertilizers; integrated nutrient management system.
Irrigation and Drainage:-
- Sources of irrigation (rain, canals, tanks, rivers, wells, tubewells ).
- Scheduling of irrigation based on critical stages of growth, time interval, soil moisture content, and weather parameters.
- Water requirement of crops.
- Methods of irrigation and drainage.
- Watershed management.
- Principles of weed control, methods of weed control (cultural, mechanical, chemical, biological and Integrated weed management).
- Seedbed preparation, seed treatment, time and method of sowing/planting, seed rate; dose, method and time of fertilizer application, irrigation, intercultural and weed control; common pests and diseases, caused by bacteria, fungi virus and nematode and their control, integrated pest management,
- harvesting, threshing, post-harvest technology: storage, processing and marketing of major field crops-Rice, wheat, maize, sorghum, pearl millet, groundnut, mustard, pigeon-pea, gram, sugarcane, cotton and berseem.
- Importance of fruits and vegetables in the human diet, Crop diversification & Processing Industry.
- Orchard location and layout, ornamental gardening, and kitchen garden.
- Planting system, training, pruning, intercropping, protection from frost and sunburn.
- Trees, shrubs, climbers, annuals, perennials-definition, and examples. Propagation by seed, cutting, budding, layering, and grafting.
- Cultivation practices, processing, and marketing of: –
- Fruits – mango, papaya, banana, guava, citrus, grapes.
- Vegetables – Radish, carrot, potato, onion, cauliflower, brinjal, tomato, spinach, and cabbage.
- Flowers – Gladiolus, canna, chrysanthemums, roses and marigold.
- Principles and methods of fruit and vegetable preservation.
- Preparation of jellies, jams, ketchup, chips, and their packing.
ICAR UG Biology Exam Syllabus
- The Living World
- Unit of Life
- Diversity of Life
- Organisms and Environment
- Multicellularity: Structure and Function – Plant Life
- Multicellularity: Structure and Function – Animal Life
- Continuity of Life
- Origin and Evolution of Life
- Application of Biology
ICAR UG Chemistry Exam Syllabus
- Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry
- Solid State
- Structure of Atom
- Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties
- Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
- States of Matter: Gases and Liquids
- Redox Reactions
- s-Block Elements (Alkali and Alkaline earth metals)
Group 1 and Group 2 elements
- Preparation and properties of some important compounds
- Some p-Block Elements
General Introduction to p-Block Elements: Group 13 elements
- Group 14 elements
- Organic Chemistry
Some Basic Principles and Techniques
Classification of hydrocarbons
- Chemical Kinetics
- Surface Chemistry
- General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Elements
- p-Block Elements
Group 15 elements
- Group 16 elements
- Group 17 elements
- Group 18 elements
- d and f Block Elements
- Coordination Compounds
- Haloalkanes and Haloarenes
- Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers
- Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic Acids
- Organic compounds containing Nitrogen
- Environmental Chemistry
- Chemistry in Everyday life
- Chemicals in medicines
- Chemicals in food
- Cleansing agents
ICAR UG MATHEMATICS Exam Syllabus 2022
- Sets and Functions:-
- Relations & Functions
- Trigonometric Functions
- Inverse Trigonometric Functions
- Principle of Mathematical Induction
- Complex Numbers and Quadratic Equations
- Linear Inequalities
- Permutations & Combinations
- Binomial Theorem
- Sequence and Series
- Coordinate Geometry:-
- Straight Lines
- Conic Sections
- Introduction to Three-dimensional Geometry
- Limits and Derivatives
- Continuity and Differentiability
- Applications of Derivatives
- Applications of the Integrals
- Differential Equations
- Vectors and Three-Dimensional Geometry
- Three-dimensional Geometry
- Linear Programming:-
- Mathematical Reasoning
- Statistics & Probability
ICAR UG Physics Exam Syllabus 2022:-
- Physical World and Measurement
- Laws of Motion
- Work, Energy, and Power
- The motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body
- Properties of Bulk Matter
- Behavior of Perfect Gas and Kinetic Theory
- Oscillations and Waves
- Current Electricity
- Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism
- Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents
- Electromagnetic waves
- Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation
- Atoms & Nuclei
- Electronic Devices
- Communication Systems
ICAR PAPER PDF:-
- ICAR AIEEA UG Previous Year Question
- ICAR AIEEA PG Previous Year Question
- ICAR AIEEA JRF Previous Year Question
- How to Download ICAR UG Exam Syllabus PDF?
You Can Download ICAR Syllabus Form ICAR Official Website ya AGRIGYAN.IN .
- How many subjects are there in icar ug exam?
Agriculture, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, and MATHEMATICS.
Help & Feedback:-